- This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (sometimes pennies) if you purchase something mentioned in this post. It will in no way increase the cost of the item for you.
Thanks for stopping by! Today, I am sharing a tutorial on creating a budget friendly recipe for homemade lavender bath salts. This recipe contains minimal ingredients, most of which you might already have in your kitchen!
One of my favorite things to do at the end of the day is to soak in a relaxing bath. I’ve enjoyed baths my entire life and consider myself a connoisseur of the tub. I regulate my time by how pruny my toes and fingers become, then I stay in the tub some more.
I love lighting candles and dimming the lights to add ambience to my baths, but above all, my favorite bath accessory are bath salts. There are so many wonderful health benefits to adding salt into the bath which is why I love them so much. As an added bonus, bath salts are an inexpensive way to add a bit of pampering to your bath.
Health Benefits of Epsom Salts:
According to health.cleavlandclinic.org and prevention.com, here are some reasons why you should throw Epsom salts in your next bath:
First: It promotes relaxation, better sleep, and reduces muscle tension.
Second: Some researchers believe it reduces inflammation in your internal organs which may help reduce cardiovascular disease.
Third: Soaking in Epsom salts help reduce stress and anxiety. It can help in stabilizing your mood.
Fourth: It can help your skin’s ability to retain moisture.
Fifth: It can help for better absorption of minerals (ie those Epsom salts you’ve also added to your tub).
And finally, not only does it contain many health benefits, but it makes a lovely gift! For those of you who work in an office type environment, it is an affordable way to send out gifts to all your co-workers without breaking the bank!
Let’s Create Your Homemade Lavender Bath Salts:
Let’s dive into this simple and affordable DIY to create lavender bath salts. Not only is it inexpensive, but by buying the ingredients in bulk, should last you quite a long time. Most importantly, you now have an excuse to lock yourself in the bathroom for at least 2 hours.
I don’t use exact measurements as you can customize this recipe depending on how big of a bag of salts you purchase. Links to many of the ingredients will be shown below, however you can easily pick up most of these ingredients at your local grocery store.
- 3 parts epsom salts to 1 part Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbs. baking soda
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (I used lavender)
- 2-3 sprigs of dried lavender (or any type of your favorite dried flower…this part is optional)
- 1 mason jar or container to hold your ingredients
- Add your Epsom salts, pink Himalayan salts, and essential oil to your jar.
- Shake it up till all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the baking soda and lavender sprigs and shake it one more time.
Your homemade diy lavender bath salts mixture is ready to enjoy!
Now it’s time to take a bath! Go ahead, you deserve it!
In conclusion, I hope you enjoyed this DIY. It makes for a wonderful gift of relaxation, whether it is for yourself or a friend.