Updated April 20, 2022
Ballgown With A Coffee Stain cares about your privacy online, so here is relevant information regarding privacy on our website www(dot)bgwacs(dot)com. Our goal is to safeguard the privacy of all our visitors and users. Please make sure you understand our practices before you use our site.
No Children’s Use
Our website is not intended for children, which is defined as anyone under 13 years of age in the US and anyone under 16 in the EU. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian be willing to agree to these terms on their behalf. If you are a child under these definitions, you may not use or provide any information on this Website; use any of its features or register; make any purchases; use any of the interactive or public comment features; or provide any information about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have received personal information from a child without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com.
Collection of data and what we do with it
Personal data Ballgown With A Coffee Stain collects:
- Email address. The purpose of collecting this data is sending newsletters for advertising purposes which also allows www(dot)BGWACS(dot)com to adapt future content for the interest of the users. Legal basis for collection and processing: We will ask for consent.
- Question: The purpose of collecting this data is to answer questions and improve site experience and offerings. Legal basis for collection and processing: Need questions to provide answers.
Who has access to the data we collect?
We process and store data we collect from you, but we may also use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of vendors:
- Email communication manager
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
- Website analytics services: Google Analytics and Convertkit
Any of these third parties who help process or store your data have written agreements with us that prevent them from using, sharing, or storing your personal data for any other purpose than the scope of our contracted terms with them.
Intellectual property rights
All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by and property of Ballgown With A Coffee Stain, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this Site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately. Do not try to use our stuff, remove it, change it, or claim to be us without written permission.
We claim a legitimate interest for processing your personal information when you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed without any impact on you. If you have questions about your data, what we use it for, or the basis for us collecting it, please contact us at ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com. If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data to the relevant parties until the matter has been resolved.
How long we retain your data
We keep your personal data for differing periods of time depending on why we gathered it:
- Opt-Out to Newsletter: immediately deleted
- Submitting Questions: Five years
Your right to ask for corrections, erasure, and export of your data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com. with your request.
Your right to withdraw consent
Although this is mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the Unsubscribe link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact us at ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com with your request.
Do we transfer your data to third countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You can contact ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com with any questions or requests about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
- Data Controller Representative: Kristen Stuertz
For California folks
Do Not Track Signals: Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor Do Not Track signals issued by browsers or other third-party sources.
California Eraser Law: If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request at ballgownwithacoffeestain(at)gmail(dot)com.
For our valued friends regardless of location
Legal Disclosures of Personal Information: We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to 1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; 2) protect and defend our rights or property; or 3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
DMCA Disclosures: We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
Public Interaction with Others: If you interact with others on our website, such as participating in a group chat or a group online course, in a forum, or make a comment on a post, or otherwise interact with other users—they may have access to some of your data, including your name, profile picture, and your history of interaction with our website, such as prior comments or posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private and that the Internet rarely forgets. Any publicly posted can be viewed, well, publicly, and could be viewed by anyone, including family, friends, media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
Third Party Websites: We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of these sites before providing your personal information.
Sale of Business: Should we sell a portion or all of this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
Third Party Marketing: We do not disclose your information to third parties for the purpose of enabling them to contact you so that they can offer you relevant goods and services. Anonymous information is tracked to gather information to improve site performance and to help us track site analytics. No personal information is collected except for what is voluntarily provided by the user. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Cookies & timilar Technologies
- Necessary – Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistics – Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing – Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. Their role is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
The Website currently uses the following third party service providers:
- Google Analytics – This site uses Google Analytics, a trusted analytics solution. This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions, helping us to understand how you use the site, and ways we can improve your experience. The only personal information Google Analytics may capture is your IP address.
FTC affiliate disclosure
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and Reward Style (LTK). Affiliate advertising programs are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon(dot)com and other affiliate sites. As an Amazon affiliate, when you click and shop my retail links, I earn from qualifying purchases. As a member of Reward Style (LTK) when you click and shop my retail links, I earn from qualifying purchases. However, all opinions shared are our own and we only share products and services that we love.
This blog is owned and edited by Kristen Stuertz based upon personal experiences and preferences. The FTC requires full disclosure of relationships I have with brands when writing about a product.
Ballgown With A Coffee Stain is an ad, affiliate, and PR friendly website. Brands and advertisers will never influence the content of blog posts. I carefully select products that I love and use and create all content relevant to the blog. Sometimes I link to a product or website and may be paid a commission based on the sale of those products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are always my own.
Professional advice disclaimer
For general informational purposes only. Nothing on this site is intended to be financial, legal or medical. Please consult with a licensed professional in their field of expertise in your jurisdiction.
These examples are not typical for all and are determined from personal experience by Kristen Stuertz. Because of the variables associated with defining success, and because those variables are so personalized, it is impossible to accurately state what an individual may or may not achieve.
Entire Agreement: The information contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between site users and our company relating to the use of this website.